New Year, New You
HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR ONES!
I hope that you survived the holidays and are ready to launch into 2018 refreshed! The new year is an opportunity. Many of us use the turning of the year to think about where we are and where we want to go. We set goals and make resolutions for how the coming year will be different. Better.
When we set goals by just going through the motions, we have little chance of success. At best, we might luck into a little progress, but it’s never very satisfying. Instead, taking time in advance to reflect leads to knowing ourselves better. And when we know ourselves, setting the goals for what’s next becomes much easier.
If life is a journey, the questions we ask ourselves are the fuel that gets us from here to there.
Without this intentional reflection, we react impulsively and with limited information. We’re vulnerable to getting pushed around by the forces of those more proactive than us.
Here are 10 questions to reflect on. They’re intended to get you thinking about what you have to be grateful for, what you want to change, and what effort is needed to propel you forward.
Top 10 Questions to Answer
- What would you try if you knew you could not fail?
- What would you like to be your biggest triumph by the end of the year?
- What advice would you like to give yourself as you begin the New Year?
- What would you be most happy about completing?
- What major indulgence are you willing to experience?
- What would you most like to change about yourself?
- What do you think your biggest risk will be?
- What brings you the most joy and how are you going to have more of that?
- What is one change you could make to your lifestyle that would give you more peace?
- At the end of the year how would you like your life to be transformed?
May your answers bring you clarity, purpose, and direction for the new year ahead!